IDV and Shape files

Hi Joanne,

I tried to look at a number of shape files that we got off the web.  The
information was put in tables but were not displayed on the display.  I
looked at the .shp file only and all I got was the map background.  When
I tried to "create display" using the other files that are included with
the shape file, the IDV display did not recognize it, as it should.  Do
I need to do something else to include the information from the other
associated files (.sbx, .shx, .prj, .txt. etc.) on the display?

We don't read the prj or other files. Only the .shp and the .dbf files.
Can you send me the shapefile?

A caveat: we only handle lat/lon shapefiles.

-Jeff