data probes in IDV

I have another IDV question.  When I used the probe to look at a plan
view of a GFS temperature field and used the selector to roam around,
the values did not show up on the probe display.  Did I not do something
right?  I've tried the data probe on other fields and it worked just fine.

Perhaps the probe position was outside of the spatial domain of the temperature field? Did you create another type of display (e.g., color shaded plan view) which
would indicate where the field is?

-Jeff