20050427: IDV crashing on exit

>From: "Chris Porter" <address@hidden>

Hi Chris-

>About 90% of the time when I exit out of IDV, my entire workstation
>crashes and I have to reboot.  I'm using IDV version 1.2b2.
>
>The specs on my workstation are as follows:  I have a Sun workstation
>using dual 2Ghz AMD Opteron Processors, 2 GB RAM, and am running Redhat
>Enterprise Linux Workstation 3.0 with Linux kernel 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp.

Are you using the InstallAnywhere version or the WebStart version?
If the former, are you using the Java VM that came with the installer,
or are you using your own Java/Java3D?

Does the system crash or just the Xserver?  If the latter, what
X server and version are you using?

There used to be a problem with the XServer crashing on Linux
under old versions of XFree86, but I haven't seen that problem
in a while.  We've had problems with lockups of the IDV on
SMP kernels, but even those have gone away over the years.
We've run the IDV under Fedora Core 3 on a dual Opteron system
with no problems, but have no experience with the enterprise
stuff.

Don Murray