20050418: Wave Wind Grid 238 Display

>From: "Salottolo Greg" <address@hidden>

Hi Greg-

>Good Afternoon:
>
>Not having any luck displaying Wave-Wind Grid 238 grib file.
>
>Data from http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access.html#weather_datasets
>
>RUC/NAM grib files display OK.
>

>Grib file ....
>
>        <<wave-wind_238_20050418_0000_000.grb>>=20

The problem was a missing grib table pointer in the decoder.
In the next release, we should have a way to let you create
a resource to point to the appropriate location instead of us
needing to give you a new jar file.

But for now, the new file is at:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/idv/untested/nc2.2.jar

replace the one in your IDV installation, making sure
you back up the old one.  It's getting to a point where there
might be conflicts between the idv.jar and the nc2.2.jar.
I did a quick test, but not a thorough one.

Also, please mention to Grant that I'm still trying to figure
out the differences between the grib and netcdf icing displays.

Don Murray