20050324: Problems finding data to download

>From: "Dan Basinger" <address@hidden>

Hi Dan-

>I installed the UNIDATA IDV package on two computers to accompany my
>research project. However, there seems to be a problem with one of the
>computers. What is the safest way to
>de-install IDV so that I can try to install it again.

It depends how you installed the IDV.

If you used the InstallAnywhere installer:

- go to the directory where it was installed (usually
c:/Program Files/IDV_1.2b2 under windows or
/home/user/IDV_1.2b2 under Unix) and then look in
the UninstallerData directory under that.  You should
see an uninstaller program there which will remove the
program.
- If you are using Windows, you could also go to the
Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs menu and remove the
IDV through that route.

If you are using Web Start, click on the link:

http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/apps/player.jnlp

to bring up the Web Start application manager.  Click once
on the Integrated Data Viewer icon to select that application
and then use the Application->Remove Application menu item
to remove it.

Don Murray