20050324: IDV - Radar Sites

>From: "Alex Harrington" <address@hidden>

Hi Alex-

>Institution: CIMSS
>Package Version: 1.2a1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.1\\jre;
>Inquiry: To whom it may concern,
>
>I am unable to load a list of radar sites.  The following java error occurs:
>
>An error has occurred:
>doUpdate
>java.lang.NullPointerException

What are you clicking on in the Level III radar chooser to generate
this error?  Are you pointing to a Level III radar data set?
If so, what is the group/server you are pointing to?

I'm not sure how you are set up to run the IDV.  Did you get this
from Tom Whittaker?  Your support message indicates you are running
version 1.2 alpha 1 (which was never officially released), but it looks
like you are running out of the IDV_1.1 directory.  So, I'm guessing
that you have a version mismatch here.

I would suggest installing the latest version (1.2 beta 2) and see
if that clears up your problem.  Download and installation info
is at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idv/docs/userguide/Starting.html

>Thanks,
>
>Alex Harrington
>
>******************
>Stack trace:
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeRadarChooser.readStations(AddeRadarChoos
> er.java:284)
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeRadarChooser.setAvailableStations(AddeRa
> darChooser.java:245)
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeRadarChooser.connectToServer(AddeRadarCh
> ooser.java:180)
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeImageChooser$1.run(AddeImageChooser.java
> :471)
>       at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$3.run(Misc.java:1608)

Don Murray