20050108: IDV 1.2 beta 1 bugfix #2

>From: "Abdoulaye SARR" <address@hidden>

Hi Abdoulaye-

>Since the new release I have difficulties dowloading the binary for linux PC o
> r jar files.
>I don't know if the problem is on my side or?
>I am using he older release and would like to have the new one.
>Thanks for nice job unidata team is doing.

Usually this is related to the browser if you are using Mozilla/Firefox.
There's something that truncates an FTP connection through the browser.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  We are working on redoing
our downloads to use HTTP instead of FTP, but in the meantime, you
can either:

1) try a browser other than Mozilla/Firefox (if you are not already).
Linux usually comes with other browsers.

2) Try using an FTP connection directly:

ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
cd pub/idv/IDV1.2
bin
get idv_1_2b1_linux_i586_installer.bin
quit

Note that the FTP direct access will probably go away in the future.

If you are still having problems, let me know how you are trying
to download (browser or FTP) and any other pertinent information.

Don Murray