20041205: IDV - IDV and Geoscience Data

>From: "Danielle Odette" <address@hidden>

Hi Danielle-

>Institution: Western Michigan University
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.1\\jre;
>Inquiry: Hi,
>I was interested in learning how to use IDV for geoscience related data simila
> r to the examples on IDV's homepage.  In particular, what can be done with da
> ta from Oceans, and in the subsurface (ex: cratons).

The GEON project is using the IDV for visualizing some solid earth data.
Examples are at:

http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/SZ/SZ.html

There is an example of using the IDV to visualize some gridded ocean
data through the Displays->Favorite Bundles->Ocean->El Nino/La Nina Comparison
menu item.

What type of data are you particularly interested in?

Don Murray