20041203: IDV - IDV display sharing

>From: "Bill Fingerhut" <address@hidden>

Hi Bill-

>Institution: lyndon state college
>Package Version: 1.2a1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows 2000; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.0;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.2a1\\jre;
>Inquiry: Don & Jeff,
>
>I think I came across a bug in IDV 1.1 (and  1.2a1).
>
>I selected a model run and created several Time/Height displays -
>relative vorticity, vertical velocity, and relative humidity. I turned sharing
>  on
>through all display's control windows to 'co-ordinate' horizontal positions.
>After turning on sharing, a change in the color table in one display will appe
> ar
>in the other displays. Is this your intent ? I would like to use different col
> or tables
>in each display.

As I mentioned in the Steering Committee forum, this is the way it works
now and there is no mechanism for saying "share position only".  The
only workaround is to set the color tables first, then share the position.

>BTW, when I am composing the support request, I can not return to  the other I
> DV
>windows. From time to time I think it would help my description of a problem i
> f I could
>switch back and forth between this form and the IDV. ???

Good suggestion.  We made it modal so someone wouldn't lose the
window.  However, this has the consequences you describe.
We'll look at this.

Don