20041202: IDV - downloading the release

>From: "R. Keith Kerr" <address@hidden>

Hi Keith-

>Institution:  Applied Physics Lab, University of Washington
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
>Hardware Information: generic windows box (Asus MB/Athlon 1900
>Inquiry: I\'m having no luck trying to download wither the InstallAnywhere Win
> dows installer for OpenGL nor the IDV V.1.1 Jar files. [I get a page currentl
> y unavailable error]

Which browser are you using to do the download?  What link are you trying
to access when you get the error?

>Reverse lookup is enabled.  My machine is vulcan.apl.washington.edu (a Win 200
> 0 machine) and its IP is
>128.95.76.151
>[I\'ve had no trouble looking this up from my home machine over DSL, so I know
>  it can be resolved]

okay, thanks for that info.

>I have been able to download the User Guide documentation with no problem.

It's weird that you can get those, but not the binaries.  We've seen
problems on Linux using Firefox for downloads, but not on Windows.

>Can you give me any suggestions on this?

Try downloading from:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/idv/IDV1.1

Don Murray