20040921: IDV - Display MM5 output

>From: "Yonghai Qian" <address@hidden>

Hi Yonghai-

>I really appreciate your response. I attach the header of mm5 nc file. If
>you got something, please let me know. I will try to convert Vis5d.

Thanks for the header.  This is much better than others I have seen
in the past.  It even adhers to the COARDS convention!

One of the problems with this file for the IDV is that the vertical
coordinate is sigma and we do not handle sigma coordinates yet.
So, the Vis5D approach might not work either.  In looking at the
COARDS convention, they do not specify other variables that would
allow one to convert sigma to pressure coordinates like the CF
conventions do.

Could you produce a sample file that we could use as a test
case?  The would help us see if we can support this.

Thanks.

Don Murray