20040903: IDV - Error on Mac OS X

>From: "Russ " <address@hidden>

Hi Russ-

>Institution: Unidata
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Mac OS X; os.arch:ppc; os.version:10.3.5;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_05;
>  java.home:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home;
>Inquiry: An error has occurred:
>Initializing with MapViewManager
>setMatrix: input length must be 16

The problem arises because you have a default bundle that was saved
when you were in 2D mode and now you are running the IDV in 3D mode.

This didn't really hurt anything, but it means that you will not
get your default bundle (state) restored.  I suggest you clear
out your default bundle (since this has caused problems before).
Use the File->Default Bundle->Clear menu or by starting the
IDV with the -cleardefault option.

>******************
>Stack trace:
>visad.DisplayException: setMatrix: input length must be 16
>       at visad.ProjectionControl.setMatrix(ProjectionControl.java:96)
>       at visad.java3d.ProjectionControlJ3D.setMatrix(ProjectionControlJ3D.jav
> a:103)
>       at ucar.visad.display.DisplayMaster.setProjectionMatrix(DisplayMaster.j
> ava:907)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.setDisplayMatrix(MapViewManager.java
> :826)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.initWithInner(MapViewManager.java:52
> 9)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.initWith(ViewManager.java:920)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.VMManager.initFromBundle(VMManager.java:283)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.instantiateFromBundle(IdvPers
> istenceManager.java:1395)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.decodeXmlInner(IdvPersistence
> Manager.java:1280)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.access$800(IdvPersistenceMana
> ger.java:73)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager$7.run(IdvPersistenceManager.j
> ava:1242)
>       at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$1.run(Misc.java:1448)

Don Murray