20040903: motherlode

>From: address@hidden

>Jeff,

Actually, it's Don answering now. ;-)

>> >No urlPath found for dataset
<snip>

>Yes, this is what I have been doing but after clicking "Add Source"
>I get the error message.

I would expect a different error if you are loading a particular
dataset.  The "No urlPath found for dataset" should only come
from trying to load a category.  The fact that you can see
the catalog means that the connection to motherlode works.
What is the URL of the catalog that you are trying to access?
With IDV 1.1 beta 3, you should be accessing the catalog:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idv/rt-models.xml

What error do you get if you double click on the
"Latest NCEP Eta 80km CONUS model data" entry in the catalog?

>> Could you tell me the URL of the page that gave this error?
>>

>http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/netcdf/GRIB
>
>but I have just noticed that I can access the data on the page with
>another machine.  The machine I am having trouble with is running
>Windows XP (I have not put in service pack #2 yet).  I use Internet
>Explorer for a web browser.  This machine was configured by the
>system administrator in the department and I know little about the
>configuration.  The machine on which I was able to
>access the data is running Red Hat Linux and I use Modzilla.

Can you access data in the IDV from that machine?  As I said
above, the fact that you can access the catalog in the IDV at
all would indicate that you can make web connections.  It could
be a configuration thing in IE that is blocking the web access.
I try to avoid IE at all costs. ;-)

Don