20040622: idv html and broken links

>From: Rich Signell <address@hidden>

Hi Rich-

>I was trying to find out how to use the capability of
>driving IDV from HTML this morning and getting a bit
>frustrated.

Sorry this has been frustrating.  We moved our website to a
new machine and some things got lost.

>In the IDV 1.1b3 Users Guide 6.4.10, it says: "You can
>see demos of all these features on the web site
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/metapps/idv_html
>(cut and paste this URL into the main menu choice
>Data->New data source->Files/URLs panel)."
>
>But this page cannot be found.

I've restored this page.  Let me know if you find other problems with
any of the links.  I notice on my system that I sometimes have to
reload the page to get the entire thing to display.

I would also say that this feature may not be documented too well.
Also, the HTML renderer does not do applets or JavaScript so many
pages (like the IDV homepage) do not render well in the viewer.
However, as a quick interface, it works pretty well.  If you still
don't find what you need, let me know.  Another resource is the
Workshop page:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idv/docs/workshop/advanced/HtmlViewer.html

>I then tried a quick Google search on:
>
>"unidata" "idv_html"
>
>and this returns 3 URLS, all of which do not exist
>anymore.
>
>Also, on the IDV support page:
><http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Support.html>
>
>it says to join the IDV mailing lists for more info,
>but the linked page:

>cannot be found.

Another victim of the move.  Should be: