20040622:VisAd-IDV evaluation in Loni

To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
From: Bernard Mendiburu /Loni-UCLA/ <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20040413: VisAd-IDV evaluation in Loni

Hi Bernard-

Folks at UCLA ask me for glyphs in VisAD/IDV...
I didn't find any reference to this.
Did I miss something ?
Is it planned for a future release ?

What are you looking for as far as glyphs?  There are some
geometries in the ucar.visad.ShapeUtility class in IDV (squares,
crosses, airplane, etc).  We are also testing the ability
for users to add their own glyphs defined by XML in our
station model plots.  This is still being developed, but if
you have some use cases on what you want to do, let us know
so we can add that into our thinking.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters