Re: idv colorbar

NATHAN LOUIS UHLENBROCK wrote:

Jeff,
The projection is not set to automatic reset.  The steps I do are as follows:
1. add the data sources (2 of them, both McIdas areas from my pc)
2. perform a simple diff. operation on them and display the diff., which shows
in on  my default hi-res US proj.
3. I control/outline my area to zoom in
4. I change the range of brightness values, apply one of my saved color tables
5. I try to do edit->show color table in display

After all these are done, the color table does usually show up, however, it is
a different size nearly every time.  Sometimes it is in another part of the
country than that which I am viewing, and it is literally about .5cm long on
the screen.  Very strange...

Nathan,
Try this. Make sure you are in the base viewpoint of the projection by doing a control-r. Now, don't change the viewpoint, zoom in, etc. Create the display. Turn on the color bar. Does the colorbar show up ok?

I have found (and I knew there were a couple of oddities with the colorbar) that if you rotate your viewpoint and then add in the color bar its display is screwed up. If you add in the colorbar
with the base viewpoint and *then* change the viewpoint it seems to be ok.

-Jeff