Re: 20040401: getiing archival data from ssec and ncdc

Hi ,

Good morning. Some of the students here ( @ western Michigan University ) wanted some archival data to be viewed on IDV for their academical projects. So the students were suggested to contact http://www.ssec.wisc.edu and www.ncdc.noaa.gov for the archival data.

The students have started requesting for the data. One student did request for some data and the following is the reply that she had got from them.
[...]

I have contacted them for clarifications too. I thought I could contact you too to find out what exactly needs to be done to get images in netCDF format to be viewed on IDV.

Humm, looks like some text format not imagery in netcdf. I'm not sure what formats ncdc provides.
What kind of data was your student expecting from ncdc?

-Jeff