20031216: IDV kernel32.dll not found

>From: Richard Signell <address@hidden>

Hi Rich-

>I discovered via Google that the
>version of DirectX one is using can be determined by
>selecting "run" on the start menu and
>typing in "DXDIAG".
>
>Sure enough, I had Direct X version 7.
>
>I installed Direct X version 9b, and now both
>Direct X and OpenGL versions work fine!

One down, one to go.

>Unfortunately, the I cannot get the transparency
>to work.  The display device on this new computer
>is RADEON VE 7000 from ATI, fairly standard I think.
>
>So I must be doing something wrong?

Yes, but it is maybe a user interface issue.

>I go to "edit color map", select transparency,
>choose 60% and hit apply.   Nothing happens.  I then
>click "ok".  Nothing happens.   If I go to "edit color
>map" again, the transparency is still set to "0%".

You can set the transparency for specific ranges of the
color table.  When you select the transparency value, you
are setting the edit mode to make any changes use that
value.  Hitting apply without making any edits will not
change the transparency for the whole table.

In your case, once you have set the transparency value,
click on the right or left breakpoint and drag it
to the other end.  You will see the color bar show the
transparency as you drag the breakpoint along and it will
be reflected in the display.

If you have a suggestion for a way to make this action
more "intuitive", let us know.

Don