20031215: IDV kernel32.dll not found

>From: "Rich Signell" <address@hidden>

Hi Rich-

>I'm having some problems installing IDV on a windows 2000 machine not =
>connected to the internet.
>(I'm interested in using IDV to look at some local data sets on this =
>machine)

Should work.

>I first tried installing 1.1b2 for Direct X, but had some problems with
>d3d8.dll and ddraw.dll not being found.

You need to have at Direct X version 8 or later for this version.
Unless you've upgraded manually, I would guess that a Win2000
machine has an older version.  I thought I had this somewhere in
the docs, but I guess I'm dreaming because I can't find any
reference to it.  You can get Direct X at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

>I then tried installing 1.1b2 for OpenGL, but now I get:=20
>
>"The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be =
>located in the dynamic link library
>KERNAL32.dll"

Never seen this before.  What kind of graphics card is this?
It could be that this card does not support OpenGL.

>Any tips?

I'd try upgrading Direct-X and using that version.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Don
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support