Re: 20031016: IDV - map projection manager

Stuart Wier wrote:

Tom,

Yesterday Jeff added the north American map to the projection manager to
address exactly the kind of thing you have in mind.  I will copy this to
him so he can tell you how he did that in the code,
for a short term fix.

Your idea of the user choosing maps desired is a good suggestion.

I need to be able to specify the basemap to use in the projection
manager.  My application is in making high-resolution maps of a few
counties -- I cannot see the counties with the current map -- so it's
just a guessing game.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to specify any of
the available maps to be used in this widget.

Hi Tom,
Just yesterday I added the ability to have multiple maps in the projection manager map view. However, right now it is hard coded to be 2 maps (world countries and hi-res us map that shows states).

I will put it on my todo list to make this be configurable. Would a system property be ok?

-Jeff