20031016: IDV - map projection manager

Tom,

Yesterday Jeff added the north American map to the projection manager to
address exactly the kind of thing you have in mind.  I will copy this to
him so he can tell you how he did that in the code,
for a short term fix.

Your idea of the user choosing maps desired is a good suggestion.

Stu

> >To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> >From: Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>
> >Subject: IDV - map projection manager
>
> I need to be able to specify the basemap to use in the projection
> manager.  My application is in making high-resolution maps of a few
> counties -- I cannot see the counties with the current map -- so it's
> just a guessing game.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to specify any of
> the available maps to be used in this widget.
>
> Thanks.
>
> tom
>
> --
> Tom Whittaker (address@hidden)
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> Space Science and Engineering Center
> Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
> Phone/VoiceMail: 608.262.2759
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service