20031007: IDV feedback

Tony,

To make a 500 mb geopotential height plot see
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_Tutorial.html#grids
This tells how to make a contour plot of a 3d temperature grid at 500mb.
You can do the same thing for the 3d geopotential height parameter.

You can set contours using the contour control
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_contourcontrols.html

To make station plots see
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_Tutorial.html#sao
and
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_stationmodeleditor.html

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Stu

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden
> >Subject: IDV feedback
>
> I don't see a way to make a Constant Pressure Chart, (e.g., 500
> mb) complete with current station models and selected contours?

> Anthony A. Rockwood
> Metropolitan State College of Denver
> Meteorology Program

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service