Re: Some questions about satellite image display in IDV

Hi-

LEONG IVAN wrote:
> Hi Don
>    How are you?  Thank you for your kind assistance as
> before.  I meet a new problem when I try to use IDV to
> veiw satellite image.
>    As i know,  i can connect the default satellite
> image server such as adde.ucar.edu, papagayo.unl.edu
> to view some satellite images. But i find that the
> coverage of the satellite image is not suitable for
> me. So i try to find the others.  Can you tell me
> where can i find the other satellite image server
> which image coverage includes northwest pacific ocean
> and Asia.  The other question is, what kind of
> satellite image format read in IDV.

The servers that are defaults in the IDV provide data
that is publicly avaliable from the National Weather
Service as well as some specialized imagery that generally
covers the North American region.  These data are
served up through the McIDAS ADDE server protocol.

The IDV can read McIDAS AREA files directly, but
all other formats are supported only through ADDE.
If you use the GINICOMP dataset, you can get some
northern hemisphere mosaics that cover the
region in question.  Also, the Mollweide composites
in the RTIMAGES dataset provides a global composite.
I do not know of a publicly available server that
specifically covers the region you are interested
in.

Don Murray