Re: 20030921: IDV Question Z-R relationship

Matt,

The details of the IDV method for Level III Z-R computations are online
at

             http://hurri.kean.edu/IDV/IDV-Calc.htm

the author is

Charles H. Murphy
Executive Director
New Jersey Center for Science and Technology Education
Kean University
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083-0411
email: address@hidden

I think this should work for Level II data in the IDV displays. The IDV
should automatically take care of the difference - the Level III data is
a raster image and the Level II data is in radar range-az-elevation
coordinates, as you can see by zooming in on a display.
Let me know if this works for level II, will you?

Our next IDV release will have new Level II displays that may interest
you.

Stu Wier

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: mljacobs <address@hidden>
> >Subject: IDV Question
>
> Hello,
> Is there a way to apply a Z-R relationship on level II radar data in IDV.
> If there what is the most efficient process.
> Thanks for your time
> Matt Jacobs (KU)
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service