Re: 20030922: IDV questions (cont.)

Dr. Harnack,

The model output from the server
http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idv/rt-models.xml,
which is what I guess you are using, only has data for the latest 24
hours or so. Unidata does not archive data.

The IDV does not have a way to download data from remote servers and
store it as files. The usual way for IDV users to get netCDF files of
NCEP model output is with the Unidata LDM and its gribtonc process.

Stu Wier

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: Robert Harnack <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Re: 20030919: IDV questions
>
> Thanks for the reply, but I am still in doubt about this. Will the model
> grid files still be available say a year from now at the source, or do I
> need to download the data file in order to have it available for future
> class use?  If I do need to download, how do I request this download?

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service