20030806: Plotting points in IDV (cont.)

To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>,
To: Petty Kevin <address@hidden>
cc: address@hidden
From: Petty Kevin <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: 20030730: Plotting points in IDV

Hi Kevin-

The netCDF technique works great for plotting flight tracks!

Glad that worked.

However, I get the following error (below) when I attempt to use the JNLP
file
that I created to start IDV. As you can see, it can't open my properties
file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

+++++
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Integrated Data Viewer Vendor: Unidata
Category: Unexpected Error

Could not open  property file: /home/petk/IDV/myidv.properties
+++++

Is the file accessible from the machine you are running the IDV
on (i.e. can you get to /home/petk/IDV/myidv.properties)?  Does
the file exist and is that the correct name/path? (when I was going
through the steps, I had named the file myidv.props but put myidv.prop
in the JNLP and of course it couldn't find it).  Is the JNLP
file on a web server or just on the local file system?

Here is my JNLP FILE:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- JNLP File for Integrated Data Viewer --> <jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase = "http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/metapps/webstart/";>

is the refereference application from Unidata's meteorological applications
development (MetApps).
</description> <icon href="IDV/idv.gif"/> <offline-allowed/> </information> <resources> <j2se version="1.3+" max-heap-size="512m" /> <jar href="IDV/idv.jar"/>
           <extension name="IDV Base" href="IDV/idvbase.jnlp"/>
       </resources>
<resources os="Linux"> <property name="j3d.sharedctx" value="false"/>
       </resources>
       <application-desc main-class="ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv">
        <argument>-properties</argument>
        <argument>/home/petk/IDV/myidv.properties</argument>
       <security>
           <all-permissions/>
       </security>

</jnlp>

This looks okay and since the error indicates it can't find
the file, make sure the file is readable, does exist and the
name/path is correct and it's accessible from the machine you
are running on.

Don
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support