20030801: Metapps question

Hi Jason-

Jason Burks wrote:
I have successfully written my first metapps application which displays sounding data. I am now trying to make a display using a shapefile that has been read in using the EsriShapefileReader, but I can't quite make the bridge between the reading-in and displaying. Do you have any sample code that shows how to do this. Thanks

Much of what we do now with the metapps code is done in the
context of the Integrated Data Viewer (IDV) and in that case
we use the ucar.visad.ShapefileAdapter to create VisAD Data
objects from the shapefiles.  This gives us sets of the points
of the polygons.  We then pass that to a ucar.visad.display.MapLines
object which then gets added to a DisplayMaster.  The latest
release of the IDV allows you to load a shapefile and display
it in the main display.

What class are you using to display sounding data?  Are you
doing plan view plots or skew-Ts?  Which class do you want
to use to view your lines?

Don
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support