20030714: Couple of IDV radar questions

Hi Woody,

No problems are known here with regular (2d on surface) reflectivity
displays with Level II data.  Can you send us the particular file you
used, or tell me where to get it, so we can make sure?  This may be a
matter of your video display. What kind of video card do you have, what
memory, and what operating system you are using.  How many time steps
are you using - try only one to see if that makes a difference. Make
sure all the updates or patches for your video driver are applied. Do
you see ok displays of reflectivity from Level II data?

a note is coming in a moment about your other question.

Stu

>From: "Woody Roberts" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Couple of IDV radar questions

Folks - I successfully downloaded IDV 1.0 and am trying to display some
archive Level-II radar data from Melbourne.  The Reflectivity 3d option
works
fine, but I just get a grey image with a few black spots when I use the
regular
reflectivity option and the same tilt.  Are there problems with the
regular
reflectivity displays for archive Level-II?

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service