Re: 20030501: IDV Local satellite file question

Steven,

>  I tried a rename to AREA.test, no joy.

This filename pattern thing is tricky and I don't really understand it
fully. It may be it chokes on the . in the file name AREA.test. Most
McIDAS files are something like AREA0100 with no period. Use a filename
with no period.

later ...

Yep that's right. I copied a good McIDAS file named AREA0100 to both
AREA0100.test and AREAabcd. The IDV failed to handle the first new file,
but the second was accepted and made a proper display.

If you need a filename with a . in it we may be able to create a pattern
that will recognize that, and you can use the pattern as outlined in the
longer mail I sent. If you have a general naming scheme already with
existing data let us know what it is and we may be able help compose a
pattern. Else you can use the approach of using recognized filenames and
make sure your file names match.

In the mail I sent a while ago there was a linewrap inserted that broke
up the final command line. It is entered as a single line of course.

Stu Wier
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service