Re: 20030501: IDV Local satellite file question

Steven

> Interesting... I was just 'playing' with the 'Pixel sampling'
> slider, and now things show up.... I need to read the manual :-)
>
> But, there is a black bar ~180 longitude, which doesn't show up
> for me on McIDAS or Nawips...

The grey display is due to a limitation of the Open GL driver for your
video, which cannot handle such a large file properly. Likewise when you
change Pixel sampling from 0 to 1 you only display every other pixel and
it works in that case, for this data file. This is pure serendipity; the
Pixel sampling feature was put in as a educational idea to show students
the effect of lower data resolutuon, but it helps your display problem.

The black bars are due to 1. effect of boundary of native data, and 2.
an artifact in our displays at the 180 degree line. We may have these
fixed in our next release IDV, perhaps sometime in June.

Have you tried the IDV remapping, and different map projections
features?

Stu Wier

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service