20030408: IDV b6 problems

>From: "John McCormick" <address@hidden>

John-

>After working at it for a bit, I found out that I had to manually
>unzip the "idv_jars.zip" file, and then make sure that the unzipped
>files got migrated into the same  "program files\IDV_Win_1.0b6"
>directory (I put the "win" in there since I run with linux too and
>don't want one to overwrite the other when I'm installing)...

The problem is that the beta6 IA installers were missing the nc2.jar,
but it is in idv_jars.zip. So really all you needed from idv_jars.zip
was nc2.jar for it to work. Beta 5 did not have nc2.jar, so it should
work as it did for me. Because of this problem, I removed the IDVb6
InstallAnywhere installers from the untested directory. Our build
is pretty unstable right now so it may be a while before we get new
untested versions in place. See, this is why I told you stuff in the
untested directory comes with the "big boy" warranty - it's neither
supported nor guaranteed to work. ;-)

>Anyhow, yes... it worked on the "20030318_USData_test_rh.nc"
>file as I was able to get a graph...

good.

>Just a comment/suggestion... might it be possible to somehow get
>the unzipping of the idv_jars.zip internally built within the installation
>program so that it doesn't have to be done by the user "before-hand" ??

Generally the IA installers are self contained (except when they
aren't ;-)).  You shouldn't have to go through the step you did.

>If it already has, then just disregard this suggestion but I've found that
>I had to do a manual "unzip" of this jars file first (before the "real"
>installation)...

Just in the case for beta6.

>Anyhow, ....I have been able to run this "20030318_USData_test_rh.nc"
>file so ....so far... I think we are both "in sync"...

Okay.  Thanks for catching this problem.

Don Murray