20030408: To: Don Murray... Some information about IDV that I hope may benefit ... (or FYI)...from John McCormick..

>From: "John McCormick" <address@hidden>

John-

>Thanks for your reply ... On the following file, Don, that you mentioned
>that
>you were able to display..... I had tried both beta-5 and beta-6 on
>Windows2000..
>
>I keep getting a small "Error Window" that says:
>
>             An exception has occurred
>             loadDataSource
>             ucar/nc2/NetcdfFile
>
>I'll try this test on linux, (which I haven't attempted yet)....
>Let me see just what happens there... (I'm curious, if you are ...LOL)
>But anyhow...just wanted you to know that interesting/wierd that
>you can display the file and I can't... hmmm... Well, ... Let me proceed
>and see what I can find out about this...
>Talk later.. John...

How are you running the IDV?  Is this from WebStart or from
the InstallAnywhere build?  If neither, for beta6 we changed
to have all the netCDF classes in nc2.jar and it sounds like
this is not in your classpath when you are running.

>20030318_USData_test_rh.nc - I was able to read this file in okay
>                             and plot contours.  Was there a
>                             particular display you couldn't get
>                             working?  One note, however is that
>                             the units for RHUM are invalid.
>                             ("fraction[0-1]").

I ran this with beta5 using the InstallAnywhere version and
had no errors.

Don Murray
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support