20030408: IDV label display problem??

>From: "John McCormick" <address@hidden>

>As I was working with the IDV after installing it (after I unzipped the
>"idv_jar.zip" file
>
>the correct manner), I was able to get much farther in getting NETCDF files
>to respond
>
>(better than before).... That's good...

Great.

>While I had been working with some of our own vis5d files, I noticed
>something that
>
>you might be interested in or already know... (FYI):
>
>(1)   I noticed that when I use the "color-contour" feature to display
>meteorological
>patterns over a geographic area and select the "label" option (from the
>"properties" icon
>of the color contour map pending), the map does not give numeric values at
>various
>color boundaries (as in the line contour feature, it does.. )  .. Just an
>observation  ..

The contour editing widget is for both regular contours and
color filled contours.  For colorfilled contours, the label
and dash checkboxes are no-ops.  We hope to be able to allow
this feature in the future, but will mean some grungy work
down in VisAD.  Thanks for pointing this out though.  If we can
figure a good way to disable these for color filled contours,
we will.

Don Murray