20030328: netCDF axes out of order

>>To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>>cc: "Fournier, Ronald F" <address@hidden>,
>>cc: support-idv <address@hidden>
>>From: "Donahue, John F." <address@hidden>
>>Subject: RE: 20030328: netCDF axes out of order

John-

>    Thanks a lot, but I need help in getting the pathing right. How do I
> write the command so IDV reads it. I started out with using:
>   java -Xmx1000m -jar idv.jar
>

> I tried using the -cp option ---  java -Xmx1000m -cp metapps_src.jar -jar
> idv.jar but it didn't help.

I'm sorry, I thought you were building from scratch because
you were using Rick Gonzales's modifications.

If you want to run from the binaries, you can
download the idv_jars.zip from the untested directory,
(ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/metapps/untested),
unpack that into a directory and run:

java -Xmx1000m -jar idv.jar

You would need to have Java and Java 3D installed locally.

Alternatively, you could use one of the InstallAnywhere
installers in the untested directory (for the platform
you are using), run the installer and that will give you a
link to run to start the application.

The metapps_src.jar is just a JAR of uncompiled source files.

If you are not using this with Rick's mods, I'm curious as
to what you are using the IDV for.  We continue to find
new users that we're not aware of and are trying to keep
track of who is using the IDV and for what purpose.

Let me know if this doesn't get you going.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm