20030328: IDV ?bugs?

Bill-

Guess this got lost in my inbox.  Best to send questions to
address@hidden instead of me.  That way, Stu
will answer them. ;-)

Fingerhut, William A wrote:
I've looked further at my 'text not wrapping' problem in the IDV html viewer. My
email did not mention that the text was within a table.
o  Adding width="100%" to the table flag, <table>, has no effect.
o Adding width="750" to the table flag, works fine and solves my problem.
o  Perhaps Netscape and IE default to width="100%"  ?

That seems reasonable.

Does the IDV html viewer interpret width="...%" correctly ?

The HTML 3.2 spec indicates that width="...%" is the correct
form.  However, since the scrollpane is not allowing wrapping,
then 100% would be as far as it lets the HTML run which is
forever.  What I suggested was:

If you set the body width to absolute pixels, you can then
use a percentage for the table.  I tested the above with
IDV beta5 and it worked as I have described.

You mentioned adding width=.......   to the body flag. My documentation for
html 4 does not show this as an option for, body. Did you mean, body ?

I meant <body width="xxx">.

I've run into a ?bug? when a color shaded plan view of model data is displayed and I turn visibility off then back on. (Done by left clicking on the legend bar.) You may need another display present as well; I had one but do not know if it is part of the problem. The problem is that after toggling the visibility, grid points appear on the display. They were not present before. I've gotten rid of them by
toggling the grid point button on then off.

Do you have a SkewT up and is the "Grid points" checkbox checked?
Can you send me a bundle that illustrates this problem?  The
SkewT is the only control that allows you to show the grid points.
If this is not the problem, then I will need more info on
what you have in the display, how it was loaded, etc.

Don
Unidata User Support                            UCAR Unidata Program
303 497 8643                                           P.O. Box 3000
address@hidden                           Boulder, CO 80307
Unidata WWW Service       http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support
~