20030320:IDV

Your attached picture says, in addtion to your email,
"... the entire IDV window environment
disappears. It is not just this example but in every example
where Omni-Control is selected."

Attached is an picture of the IDV displaying some
of your MET_CROSS_2.v5d data in the Omni control, to show that
the Omni control does work for some gridded data at least.

The picture you sent shows the data source name is
03030100_metar.nc.  If this data file is a point source
data file it may well be that the Omni control cannot
handle it properly.  If you can provide this data source
to us by email or through an FTP server, so we can look
at it, we may be able to identify the problem.