[IDD #RCP-359244]: ESRL ldm client migration

Hi,

re:
> We had Dr. Karl Hudnut - System Administrator - UCAR - COSMIC listed as a
> contact for the thses data we request from your ldm servers (
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu, iddb.unidata.ucar.edu)

This would have been incorrect since Karl was in COSMIC, not Unidata, and
we are the ones who manage these top level IDD relay clusters.

re:
> I suspect that this request would now be handled by address@hidden.

Correct.

re:
> We are migrating the NOAA/ESRL/GSL LDM ingest client. As an initial step,
> we are requesting you add allow entry for our new ldm client:
>
> gsddata.esrl.noaa.gov - 140.172.253.131
>
> to your LDM server (and firewall, if necessary)

Since there is both forward and reverse DNS for gsddata.esrl.noaa.gov,
and since reverse DNS resolves to a '.gov' address, you should already
be able to REQUEST the feed(s) you want/need from either/both
idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu.  You should test
this as follows:

<as 'ldm' on gsddata.esrl.noaa.gov>

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

A line that looks like:

20200908T181623.217700Z notifyme[136777]            ldm5_clnt.c:forn_signon:294
        NOTE  NOTIFYME(idd.unidata.ucar.edu): OK

will be the verification that your machine is ALLOWed to REQUEST feeds
from idd.unidata.ucar.edu (and the same will be true for iddb.unidata.ucar.edu).

re:
> Upon verifying the new client is receiving the data we'll turn off requests
> from our old client (ldmhub1.fsl.noaa.gov - 137.75.238.31) and send a
> follow up email so you can remove the allow entry for our old system.

OK, sounds good.

re:
> Our target date to have this migration completed is Sept 30, 2020.

I think you will find that you can make the switch immediately.

re:

> Thank you,

No worries.  Please let us know if you experience any problems.

Ticket ID: RCP-359244
Department: Support IDD