[IDD #AKV-360208]: LDM connection problem

Hi,

re:
> We recently restarted our LDM and afterward started getting the connection
> errors below.  Has something happened to your server or is there something
> amiss in our configuration?

Nothing has changed on our end.  The typical thing that we have seen happen
is reverse DNS for the machine REQUESTing one or more feeds from our top level
IDD relay clusters is no longer available.  When reverse DNS is lost/goes away,
the name of the REQUESTing machine can no longer be determined, so the ALLOW
rule in the upstream LDM configuration files will not match, and the
connection attempt will be denied.  Please check to make sure that reverse
DNS is still available for your machine and let us know the results.

re:
> WARN  Couldn't connect to LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu using either port 388
> or portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused
> 20200709T231659.297591Z idd.unidata.ucar.edu[28321] error.c:err_log:236
> WARN  Couldn't connect to LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu using
> either port 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection
> refused
> 20200709T231659.297673Z idd.unidata.ucar.edu[28321]
> LdmConfFile.c:requester_exec:925    NOTE  Sleeping 60 seconds before
> retrying...
> 20200709T231659.297620Z idd.unidata.ucar.edu[28320]
> LdmConfFile.c:requester_exec:925    NOTE  Sleeping 60 seconds before
> retrying...

These indicate that the upstream machine that is trying to field the
REQUEST is not able to match the machine's name to an existing ALLOW
rule in its LDM configuration file.

Ticket ID: AKV-360208
Department: Support IDD