[IDD #SET-184160]: GOES-W AREA Files

Hi Jim,

re:
> In looking at what you are now providing for GOES-E AREA files in the older
> format, it
> shows that we are getting the full disk image that includes South America.
> So, the full
> disk image for GOES-W would be acceptable for our intended uses, since it's
> fine for our
> Atlantic tropical images.

OK.

Quick comment and a couple of questions:

The current GOES-East CONUS coverage channels (0.64um VIS, 6.2um WV, and 10.3um
IR)
are all remapped into the same Lambert Conformal projection as the NEXRAD Level
3
national composite radar products that we are creating and distributing in the
IDD FNEXRAD datastream.  I know that all Unidata display and analysis
applications
support this projection, and, while I a can guarantee it, I think that WXP does
also.

Have you taken a look at the current GOES-East CONUS images?

If yes, do they suit your purposes?

Further comment:

We are remapping the GOES-East CONUS products into the Lambert Conformal
projection
upon recommendation of the Unidata User's Group subcommittee that help shape the
content of the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream content.  There was no interest
voiced in having the GOES-West PACUS images remapped in a similar manner.

Ticket ID: SET-184160
Department: Support IDD