[IDD #WGK-388930]: LDM

> Hello
Hello Marshall,

We've met at the AMS on many occasions :)

> I am writing to inquire how we, University of Georgia, get approval to
> setup and run the IDD/LDM system. We are a UCAR member. Or can we just
> download and start the instillation from this website.
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/ldmfaq.html#ldm-distribution

Yes, you can download the software from that location, we (Unidata Program
Center) will then need to
have the following information to get you going:

Site Administrator Contact Information:
name and e-mail and phone number

Feeds Desired:

Please see:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/

Please ask for more direction on this if it is not clear :)

Hostname of LDM machine:

Fully Qualified Domain Name (i.e.motherlode.ucar.edu)

Note: LDM runs on UNIX type operating systems, and the machine running the LDM
will need to have
BOTH forward and reverse DNS

Once you have the install complete (please ask if you need any help with the
install) contact us with the
above information, and the data will begin to flow.

Welcome aboard! We look forward to serving the University of Georgia with their
data needs :)

> --
> Dr. Marshall Shepherd
> Atmospheric Scientist, Professor, Scholar,
> TV personality, Forbes Contributor, and Host of The Weather Geeks Podcast
>
> address@hidden (personal)
>
> Twitter: @DrShepherd2013
> Website: http://drmarshallshepherd.com

Jeff