[LDM #KSK-757114]: GOES-16 GRB has partially stopped

Hi Art,

re:
> As of October 1, the GOES-16 GRB data on the "difax" channel seems
> to have stopped for RadC, RadM1 and RadM2.

This is correct.  The reason is that GOES-16 switched to running in
mode 4, and in mode 4 full disk scans are conducted every 5 minutes
and CONUS and Mesoscale scans are suspeneded.

re:
> Could someone take a look and see what happened?

This snippit from an administrative message should explain the situtation:

"Topic: GOES-16 and GOES-17 Mode Change

Date/Time Issued: September 25, 2018 1930 UTC

Product(s) or Data Impacted: GOES-16 and GOES-17 ABI Data

Date/Time of Initial Impact: October 1, 2018 0000 UTC

Date/Time of Expected End: October 2, 2018 0000 UTC

Length of Outage: 24 hours

Details/Specifics of Change:

*On October 1, 2018 at approximately 0000 UTC, the GOES-16 (GOES-EAST) and
GOES-17 Advanced Baseline Imagers (ABI) will operate in Continuous Full
Disk Mode (mode 4) for 24 hours for testing. Continuous Full Disk Mode
means products will be generated for Full Disk only, every 5 minutes.*

NWS may request to reschedule the GOES-16 mode change depending on weather."

re:
> I'm assuming the feed's okay since we're still getting GLM

The feed is fully functional.

re:
> and RadF data along with the other various earth/sun space data.

Yup, full disk scanning is being tested on GOES-16 today.

Ticket ID: KSK-757114
Department: Support LDM