[IDD #MIP-163818]: apparent repeated data

Hi Murray,

re:
> I'm apparently getting NEXRAD2 data again for 09Z.  Is this normal?

While I would not say that this is normal, I also would not say that
this is abnormal.  We see lots of instances of the upstream provider
of products in LDM/IDD feeds resending products.  Whether or not the
downstream (e.g., you) LDM actually puts the retransmit into the local
queue depends on the size of the local LDM queue.  If the local LDM
queue is large enough that the retransmitted product is still in the
queue, then the retransmitted product will be rejected.  If, on the
other hand, the local LDM queue is not large enough to still hold
a retransmitted product, the product will get inserted into the
queue and the LDM pattern-action file action(s) will be run on the
newly received product.

NB:

- we (Unidata/UCAR) are not the source of the NEXRAD level 2 data,
  the U.S. NWS is

  This means that it is not us that is causing the product to be
  resent; we are just relaying what is being sent by the upstream(s).

Ticket ID: MIP-163818
Department: Support IDD