[IDD #HGT-957426]: No Canadian surface obs on IDD?

Hi Christian,

re:
> I am having problem since yesterday receiving Canadian surface obs. Anyone
> seeing this problem too?
> Everything else is received normally.

After seeing your note, I went back and plotted METAR temperatures for
North America starting at 12 UTC yesterday, February 20.  I too found that
Canadian reports disappeared from the plots after 15 UTC and have not
returned.

re:
> My IDD feed is coming from flood.atmos.uiuc.edu and vortex.esc.brockport.edu
> as backup feed.

The IDS|DDPLUS feed we are using is from our top level IDD relay clusters
idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu.

re:
> Anyone seeing the same issues?

We are seeing the issue here, so I imagine that everyone is seeing it.
Since there does not appear to be any cause for this in the LDM/IDD,
it is most likely that the Canadian surface obs are not being included
in the NOAAPort SBN, and this, in turn, is why they are not being
delivered in the IDD.

We will send off an email to contacts in NCEP to see if they know what
may be going on, and/or who to contact about this outage.

Ticket ID: HGT-957426
Department: Support IDD