[IDD #VJN-703855]: upstream data-feeds

Hello Hans,

Yes, I was at the Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO) in 2000 to set this up first
time around :)

Apologies for the delayed response!

> We are interested in receiving CONDUIT data via ldm for our volcanic ash
> dispersion model at the USGS

Great

> - The name of your site: Volcano Science Center, U.S.G.S.
> - The LDM
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.13.1/basics/glindex.html#LDM>
> administrator's
> - Name: Hans F. Schwaiger
> - Phone number: 907-786-7164
> - Email address: address@hidden
> - The fully-qualified hostname of the computer that will run the LDM
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.13.1/basics/glindex.html#LDM>
>
> avo-ash3d.wr.usgs.gov (production server)
> cvo-ash3d.wr.usgs.gov (production server)
> dev-ash.wr.usgs.gov     (development server)
> ramp.wr.usgs.gov         (research server)

We are willing to feed all these machines, but it is not likely in your best
interest to do so, CONDUIT is a high volume feed, bringing it on to the same
campus 4 times will
have an impact on a network. We suggest, and encourage, bringing it in to one
machine on campus, and then having that machine feed the other machines. I do
not know if these machine
are on the same campus, but if so, we would encourage that approach.

I also see that BOTH forward and reverse DNS is NOT set up for any of these
machines, we need to be able to resolve the host name so we can feed you.
Please let us know when that is achieved and then you should be ready to feed
from our cluster:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Without DNS resolution, we can not feed...

> - Desired feedtypes
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.13.1/basics/glindex.html#feedtype>
> .CONDUIT
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hans Schwaiger

Please follow up with any questions or updates, and we will get the data
flowing :)

> --
> Hans F. Schwaiger
> U.S. Geological Survey
> Alaska Volcano Observatory
> 4210 University Dr., Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
> Office: (+1) 907-786-7164
> Fax: (+1) 907-786-7425
> address@hidden

Jeff