[IDD #MWQ-760671]: Test Feed

Hi Ziv,

re:
> I removed the ANY line and added these:
>
> REQUEST WAN ".*" gale.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".*" gale.unidata.ucar.edu

Please change the REQUEST lines to:

REQUEST WMO ".*" gale.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

The changes are:

- WMO instead of WAN

  There is no datafeed needed WAN.

- REQUEST NEXRAD2 from idd.unidata.ucar.edu

  gale.unidata.ucar.edu is not an "operational" IDD relay.  It is
  used for test data ingest and relay only.

NB: After making any change to ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf, you need to stop
and restart your LDM for the change(s) to take effect.

re:
> Are you seeing any signs of life from my downstream receiver? I checked the
> installation/configuration of ldm on my computer and it seems fine.

You can check your setup from the account running your LDM.  The user
in question is most typically 'ldm'.  Here is what to do:

- login as 'ldm' and run:

  'notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

  You should see lots of output as NEXRAD2 data is received on
  idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

  If you do NOT see this, please send the 'notifyme' output so we can
  troubleshoot.

- if the first step showed idd.unidata.ucar.edu receiving data, check to
  see if you are receiving data:

  notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -o 3600

  This will show all of the NEXRAD2 products your LDM has received in the
  past hour (3600 seconds).

re:
> I know you said that my ldm does not seem to be "turned on," but that is
> different than "activating me installation," correct?

Correct.  I noted that I was unable to contact an LDM on 192.170.232.132.
I made the test by running 'notifyme' on my Unidata workstation:

<me logged in as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h 192.170.232.132

Since I got _no_ response back from this 'notifyme' invocation, I knew
that one of two things were not setup/running:

- there was a firewall block preventing my 'notifyme' invocation from
  reaching a running LDM on 192.170.232.132

- the LDM was not running on 192.170.232.132

re:
> The start-up guide
> makes it seem like I don't have to activate until we have set up the feed.

Activate means running the LDM.  The LDM runs as a *nix daemon, so it keeps
running after startup until it either fails (which it shouldn't) or the machine
is rebooted.

Once data is flowing to your LDM, you need to setup an action for what to do
with the data (e.g., FILE the products to disk, kick off a "decoding" action,
etc.).  The first order of business, however, is to get your LDM ingest
setup and working.

Please send the results of the tests I outlined above.

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: MWQ-760671