[IDD #BWG-508353]: UCAR Computer Outage Last Weekend?

Hi Donna,

This reply is from Unidata User Support since we were CCed on the message
you sent to the COSMIC folks...

re:
> Last weekend, I believe there was a planned computer outage at your
> center.  During that time, we stopped getting COSMIC data sent from your
> system to the NESDIS Data Distribution Server.
>
> One of our programmers received a notice from
> address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
>
> Is there a notification list we should be added to in order to get this
> information in the future?

If you had been subscribed to the address@hidden email list, you
would have been alerted to the outage, and, for the great majority of
datastreams relayed in the Unidata IDD, you would have been informed of
an alternate top level IDD relay that you could have fed from during
the outage.  Whether or not the COSMIC data would have been one of the
datastreams where there was an alternative is unknown to me... I think
that the COSMIC machine(s) are located in the same computer room that
houses our primary IDD relay cluster.  If this is the case, and if there
is not a backup COSMIC relay capability, then the data would not have
been delivered to you.

re:

> If so, please add address@hidden and address@hidden

You can (un)subscribe to any email list that we (Unidata) maintain
online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

Click on the 'show mailing list actions' link under ldm-users and
select the 'subscribe to ldm-users: non-digest version' link
to subscribe.

Ticket ID: BWG-508353
Department: Support IDD