[LDM #ILY-921243]: NOAAport at AMS

Hi Brad,

re:
> it's that time of year, just verifying that either there will be a show
> floor non-routable IPADDR NOAAport we can feed from for AWIPS demo purposes
> or use Oliver via a staric routable ipaddr.

Yup, you can count on it.

In fact, we were talking about relaying data to you at AMS about a half
hour ago.  This year, we plan on using an Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing)
to bring IDD data into our booth and relay it to you.  If you are not
already familiar with the NUC, they are very sweet units:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/overview.html

We are currently using NUCs for our two NOAAPort ingest machines, one running
CentOS 6.6 and the other running Fedora 20.  We feed the output from our
Novra S300Ns into the built-in Gbps Ethernet port and relay the data
over Ethernet over USB 3 dongles.  The setup works very nicely, AND
it is very inexpensive (it costs between $600 to $800 to setup a NUC
with 16 GB RAM, a 500 GB SSD, and a 1 TB HD).  The NUCs use very little
power, produce almost no heat (you could stick the unit in a desk drawer),
and make no noise (even though the I5 versions we are using do have
a low speed fan built-in).

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.