[IDD #DHE-868834]: MRF Data

Hi Brendon,

I do not think there is a direct replacement...The GFS grid #211 (80km) or #212
(40km) seems to be the closest to what you want:

(via ldmadmin  watch)

HDS 116062579  YTQU50 KWBC 161200 /mGFS
!grib/ncep/GFS/#211/201305161200/F192/TMP/500 mb/

..this is the last step, it goes to F192.

There are GFS output to 384:

2.5 degree resolution   gfs.tccz.pgrb2fxxx.2p5deg       FH204-384

1.0 degree resolution   gfs.tccz.pgrb2bfxxx     FH204-384

at 1 and 2.5 degrees resolution...not sure where you want to go?

This is from:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/tableb.html

and

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/products/gfs/

So, depending upon resolution we can go down a couple of paths....

This is for WXP use, so no need for a GEMPAK action, right?

We'll get it...thank you for your patience!

Jeff

> Hello,
>
> Just a ping to see if there has been any progress on this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon
>
> Unidata IDD Support wrote:
> > Hi Brendon,
> >
> > Well, I have been searching for the TIN or some sort of announce, but have
> > not found.
> >
> > This is what is going on:
> >
> > GFSx/MRF Model Removed by NWS
> >
> > As of 4/16/13, the NWS is no longer transmitting the GFSx/MRF model
> >
> > Sooo, not sure what the reg ex is to get extended GFS now, looking into
> > that...back when I find it.
> >
> > Apologies for the delay.
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Just checking to see if there has been any progress on this issue.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Brendon
> >>

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jeff