[IDD #DSM-778794]: LAMP product feed change

Hi Jim,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this.  Too many other things
going on at the moment...

re:
> Yesterday (July 18) around 10Z, LAMP products that used to come in on the
> IDS|DDPLUS feed changed to the NGRID feed of the IDD.
>
> The WMO headers are:
>
> FOUS11 KWNO         (LAMP ASCII format)
> JSMF1[0-7] KWNO     (LAMP BUFR format)
>
> Since these are not gridded products, they don't seem to belong on the
> NGRID feed so this is a bit of a surprise.

The logic in our NOAAPort code is set to try and determine if a product
is binary or not.  Evidently, some change in the LAMP product(s) is tickling
that logic and the product is being interpreted as being binary.

re:
> The LAMP products were upgraded a day earlier, July 17 at 16Z to increase
> the number of sites and add some fields, but they stayed on the IDS|DDPLUS
> feed for almost a full day before disappearing from that feed.
>
> Any ideas why this happened?

I would guess that there was another change implemented the full day later,
OR the original change did not take effect until a day later.

Question:

- do you know off of the top of your head how often the products in question
  are sent in NOAAPort?

Ticket ID: DSM-778794
Department: Support IDD