[IDD #YLH-222580]: Feedltype Question

Hi Oliver,

re:
> I work in the Chilean Navy Weather Service. Recently we got data from
> idd.cptec.inpe.br server to feed a LDM-Server. However, we cannot
> find details about Feedtypes´s products to setup ldmd.conf file.
> We just need few products, so we need limit the data we download from the
> server. We have the absolute Feedtypes products setup (ex:  REQUEST WMO
> ".*").
>
> We need some help to get feedtype´s products information. (we have
> the list of feedtype and datasets, with no details of it)

Unfortunately, we can not give you a comprehensive list of what is in
each feedtype in the IDD.  The reason for this is that the contents
of several of the feeds are not controlled by us, and the contents
of others are highly variable.  What I can do is provide you an overview
of what kind of data is in each LDM/IDD datafeed:

Feeds whose contents are what is provided by the U.S. NWS in a satellite
broadcast for U.S. Weather Forecast offices:

IDS|DDPLUS - global observational data (e.g., surface, upper air, ship, buoy,
             TAFs, etc.)
HDS        - typically low resolution model output most of which is U.S.-centric
             but there are some global grids
NEXRAD3    - NEXRAD Level III products - U.S. radars only
NGRID      - higher resolution model output that contains GFS global grids
NIMAGE     - GOES image sectors that provide coverage of North America and
             some parts of Central America

Other model output:

CONDUIT    - high resolution model output from NCEP; this is the highest
             volume feed in the IDD, and the volume is dominated by
             global GFS model output
FNMOC      - model output from the U.S. Navy's Fleet Numerical office
GEM        - model output from the Canadian Meteorological Center

Specialty feeds:

DIFAX      - difax-like products created by the University of Wisconsin
             these are U.S.-centric
FNEXRAD    - radar composites created from NEXRAD3 radar products
FSL2       - mesonet surface observations and U.S. wind profiler observations
GPS        - Suominet data (GPS water vapor)
LIGHTNING  - U.S. and global lightning data (this data is restricted; it is
             unlikely that you would be able to get it)
NEXRAD2    - full volume scan radar data for the U.S.

UNIWISC    - Unidata-Wisconsin datastream; this contains GOES-East, GOES-West
             and composite GOES-East/South image sectors.  The GOES-East/South
             composite images may be of use to you.

I hope that this helps you somewhat!

Ticket ID: YLH-222580
Department: Support IDD